Destination (275 km)

  • Tsaghkadzor town
  • Kecharis monastery
  • Sevan Lake
  • Sevanavank monastery
  • Haghartsin monastery
  • Goshavank monastery

Duration

  • 10 hours

The tour package includes:

  • Transportation
  • Professional guide service
  • Meals

The tour package price is set according to the number of participants and the requested services.

 

For further information please contact us by:

email : info@extra.am
Phone: (+374) 95 656 956

(+374) 55 656 956

Telegram: (+374) 95 656 956
imo: (+374) 95 656 956
Viber: (+374) 55 656 956
WhatsApp : (+374) 55 656 956

 

 

Sevanavank

Haghartsin

TSAGHKADZOR

Tsaghkadzor is a spa and resort town located 50 km north of the capital Yerevan in the Kotayk Province. It is surrounded with alpine meadows. The town is situated on the southeastern slope of Mount Teghenis, at a height of 1841 meters above sea level. Tsaghkadzor is surrounded by the Tsaghkunyats mountain range from the west, and the town of Hrazdan from the east.

winter3z

KECHARIS

Kecharis Monastery is located in the town of Tsakhkadzor, in the Kotayk Province. It was founded by Pahlavuni princes in the 11th century; its construction continued till the 13th century. In the 12th-13th centuries Kecharis was one of the largest cultural and spiritual centers of medieval Armenia.
The monastic complex includes 4 churches, a vestibule (narthex), 2 chapels and a cemetery. The first church of the monastic complex, St. Grigor the Illuminator (Lusavorich) was erected by the prince Grigor Magistros Pahlavuni. According to the records preserved above the southern gates of the church, it was built in 1033.

 Կեչառիս

SEVANAVANK

Sevanavank also known as “Mariamashen” is a monastic complex located on a peninsula at the northwestern shore of Lake Sevan. The complex consists of St. Arakelots and Karapet churches, a tuined gavit (nartex) and a partially reconstructed area for monk cells. According to an inscription in one of the churches, the monastery of Sevanavank was founded in 874 by Princess Mariam, the daughter of Ashot I.

Sevanavank has a large collection of khachkars (stone cross) and khachkar fragments, with outstanding examples from each period of the monastery’s history.

sevann

HAGHARTSIN

Haghartsin Monastery is located in Tavush Province 18 km far from Dilijan town in the picturesque gorge of upper reaches of Haghartsin River. In 2 km from the monastery there are ruins of ancient Haghartsin village after which the monastery was named. Haghartsin monastery consists of churches, vestibules, burial vaults of two kings of Kyurikians dynasty and a refectory. Surb Astvatsatsin church (Holy Virgin) dominates the whole ensemble. It was built in the 11th century. In 1281-1287 it was reconstructed under the sponsorship of Ter Hovhannes and Ter Sargis. The church is a cross-domed construction.

ՀԱՂԱՐԾԻՆ

GOSHAVANK

Goshavank is a 12th- or 13th-century Armenian monastery located in the village of Gosh in the Tavush province. Goshavank monastery complex was formerly called Getik (Nor Getik). However Getik was destroyed after earthquake and later, in 1188 was rebuilt with the help of Prince Ivane Zakarian and founder Mkhitar Gosh. The new complex was built near the ruins of Getik in Tandzut river gorge and was renamed Nor (New) Getik. Since the death of Mkhitar Gosh (1213) the monastery has been called Goshavank.

At Goshavank, Mkhitar Gosh founded a school. One of its alumni, an Armenian scientist by the name of Kirakos Gandzaketsi wrote The History of Armenia. The khachkars created by the carver Pavgos in Goshavank stand out among the rest.

Գոշավանք

For further information please contact us by:

email : info@extra.am
Phone: (+374) 95 656 956

(+374) 55 656 956

Telegram: (+374) 95 656 956
imo: (+374) 95 656 956
Viber: (+374) 55 656 956
WhatsApp : (+374) 55 656 956