The History Museum of Armenia is a museum in Armenia with departments of Archaeology, Numismatics, Ethnography, Modern History and Restoration.
The National Art Gallery is situated in Republic Square of Yerevan. It was founded in 1921.
In 2002 the USA Gafechean museum foundation opened in Yerevan “Cafesjian museum-foundation” with the aim of creating a museum of contemporary arts and a cultural center.
“Erebuni” historical-archaeological reserve-museum was opened on October 21st, 1968 on the occasion of 2750th anniversary of Erebuni-Yerevan fortress-town foundation.
The collection of manuscripts of Matenadaran is one of the biggest in the world. The depository contains over 17300 manuscripts, 450 thousand archive documents, 3000 ancient books.
In this museum decorative-applied art and Fine arts are kept and exhibited.
Museum of Hovh. Toumanyan was opened in, 1953. Here more than 18000 exhibits are kept carefully.
The Yerevan Museum of Modern Art was founded in 1972 by the efforts of Henrik Igityan, Yerevan Mayor G. Hasratyan and the best Armenian painters.
The Mother Armenia Memorial Complex opened in Victory Park on the 29th of November in 1950. The author is Raphael Israyelyan.
The museum was founded in 1988 after the first exhibition of Parajanov’s works held in People’s art Museum of Armenia.