Geghard is a medieval monastery in the Kotayk province, being partially carved out of the adjacent mountain, surrounded by cliffs.

The monastery complex was founded in the 4th century by Gregory the Illuminator at the site of a sacred spring inside a cave. The monastery had thus been originally named Ayrivank, meaning “the Monastery of the Cave”. The existing ensemble dates back to the 12th-13th centuries, created by the princes of Proshyan. The main church St. Katoghikeh built in the 13th century.

The most interesting part of the complex is rock structures, especially rock ledge on the second floor, where religious songs are still performed.

Geghard was prominent spiritual and cultural center of medieval Armenia, where was also seminary and a library.

Parz Lich is located in Dilijan National Park, to the north of the city of Dilijan at the altitude of 1400 meters above sea level. The lake covers an area of 2 hectares and is 5 meters deep, 385 meters long and 85 meters wide.

Oshakan is a village in the Aragatsotn Province, located 8 kilometers southwest from Ashtarak. Oshakan is best known for the St. Mesrop Mashtots Cathedral which is the burial place of St. Mesrop Mashtots, the creator of the Armenian alphabet. The grave of St. Mesrop Mashtots houses in the church. The church was rebuilt by Catholicos George IV in 1875.

Odzun Church is a basilica church constructed around the 5th-7th century in the Odzun village of the Lori Province. The first church appeared here in the 6th century. In the 8th century it was reconstructed byHovhannes III Odznetsi who served as the katolikos between 717 and 728 and was, as his name suggests, from Odzun. There are numerous gravestones of the clergy around the church and a funerary monument. Its stepped platform supports two carved stelae between double arches. The east and west sides of the monument are carved with scenes from the Bible and introduction of Christianity in Armenia. Its north and south side are carved with geometrical motifs and floral shapes. It is suggested that this monument commemorates Hovhannes Odznetsi, but its style suggests that it was probably erected earlier, in the 6th century.

Lake Kari located in the slopes of Mount Aragats and mostly formed by ice and snow. It is located 3,190 m above the sea level and has a perimeter of 1,150 m. From Byurakan village an asphalted automobile road stretches towards the source of Arkashen River, the lake Kari, located on a plateau below the peaks. On the eastern side of the lake there is a meteorological station.

Kobayr is a 12th-century Armenian monastery located in the village Kober within Lori marz, Armenia. The monastery was built on a brink of a deep gorge, in 1171, by the Kyurikid princes, a junior branch of the Bagratuni royal house of Armenia. In the 13th century, the monastery was acquired by the Zakarids, a noble Armenian dynasty at the service of Georgian royals. The Zakarids converted Kobayr into a Chalcedonian monastery, as a result of which the monastery stayed under the tutelage of the Georgian Orthodox Church for some time. This explains several Georgian inscriptions found on the walls of the monastery, which exist alongside the monastery’s original Armenian inscriptions. The name of the monastery originates from the Georgian word kob and the Armenian word ayr both of which mean cave.The frescos on the apse are in three rows: the Virgin Mary and archangels at the top, the Eucharist in mid-row and figures of saints and prophets underneath. The chapel had frescos as well, in the same three-row composition of Christ enthroned, the Eucharist, and saints. Portraits of sponsors are on the western wall and the lower row of the northern wall.

Tsakhats Kar is a monastic complex located along the mountain foothills overlooking the Yeghegis River, between the villages of Yeghegis and Horbategh in the Vayots Dzor Province of Armenia. The monastery is located within walking distance of the fortress of Smbataberd. There are two groups of structures at the site that are separated by a distance of 200 meters (656 feet). The grouping to the west, now half-ruined, was constructed of rough-hewn basalt. Within the complex of Tsakhats Kar is Surb Hovhannes church built in 989, Surb Karapet church of the 10th century, and many other structures that are in ruins. Saint Karapet is a cupola hall type structure, with a sacristy in each of the four corners. Numerous khachkars may be seen around the monastery as well. There is a pipe-spring on the right a little after passing the river. According to the 13th century historian and Metropolitan for Siuniats (Siunik) Stepanos Orbelian, in the fifth century, during the war against the Sassanids, four battles took place in Vayots Dzor, one of which occurred near Tsaghats kar. The war’s most famous battle was in 451, at Avaraiyr, which was pivotal in rallying Armenian resistance and eventual right to exist autonomously. The bas reliefs on the walls of St. Karapet Church at Tsaghats kar are crests for the princes of Siunik (9th-11th cc).

Tigranakert is a ruined Armenian city dating back to the Hellenistic period. It is one of several former cities with the same name, named in honor of the Armenian king Tigranes the Great (r. 95–55 B.C.). It occupies an area of about 50 hectares and is located in the province of Martakert in the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR), approximately four kilometers south of the Khachenaget River. Excavations at Tigranakert began in March 2005, when it was first discovered, and are currently ongoing under the directorship of Dr. Hamlet L. Petrosyan of the Armenian Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography. Archaeologists have uncovered two of the main walls of the city, as well as Hellenistic-style towers and an Armenian basilica dating to fifth to seventh centuries.

Tegher Monastery is a 13th-century Armenian monastery situated on the southeastern slopes of Mount Aragats near the village of Tegher. Ruins of the 9th century village of Tegher sit a short distance walk from the monastery. Numerous foundations may be seen, along with the remains of a Tukh Manuk funerary chapel of the 5th century. Nearby is also the medieval to 19th century cemetery with some mausoleums and khachkars. The church of Surb Astvatsatsin was built in 1213, and is constructed from dark gray basalt. It is a cruciform type plan with a chamber in each of the four corners and a semicircular apse at the end of the hall. A central tall round drum rests above with a tent style dome, supported by the corners of the square which is supported by columns below. The roof of the church is gabled. The structure is simply decorated except for the cornice moldings and accentuation of the arches in the main area. From the exterior, the building is rectangular with two wall niches and windows on the north, east, and south.

The Wings of Tatev is the “best-known site” in Syunik. It is a cableway from Tatev to Halidzor village, which was opened in October 2010. It was included in the Guinness World Records as world’s “longest non-stop double track cable car. The lengh is a 5.7 km (3.5 mi) between Halidzor and the Tatev monastery in Armenia. It is the longest reversible aerial tramway built in only one section, and holds the record for Longest non-stop double track cable car. The cable car travels at a speed of 37 km (23 mi) per hour and a one-way journey takes 10 minutes. At its highest point over the gorge, the car travels 320 m (1,050 ft) above ground level. It has two cabins, each capable of carrying up to 25 passengers.